A swaged collar is a metallic component to use with either lockbolts or threaded pins. Each lockbolt or threaded pin has its dedicated swaged collar.
The swaged collar installation sequence requires a specific tool and swaging nose. Swage collars can be used on a sloped structure without affecting system performance.
Material and collar configuration depend on the final application onto the structure:
- For installation on metallic components, aluminum anodized collars are recommended for weight optimization.
- For installation on composite components, titanium flanged collars should be used to preserve composite integrity and avoid galvanic corrosion.
- Shape: straight or flanged
- Material: Monel , titanium , aluminum
- Surface treatment: anodizing , alodine , dry film lube, aluminum pigmented coating